Microdermabrasion offers benefits to anyone who wants to improve specific skin conditions and rejuvenate the overall health and appearance of their skin.
- Better skin tone and color
- Clearer skin pores
- Fewer breakouts
- Softer healthier skin
- Renewed elasticity
- Reduced acne scarring
- Reduced fine lines & wrinkles
- Minimized age spots and sun damage
- Minimized stretch marks
- More effective use of skin care products
- Improves overall skin vitality
- Younger appearance & healthy glow
- Can be safely used in combination with other skin care treatments.
- Painless, non-invasive and cost effective option for both men, women and teens.
- Safe for all Fitzpatrick skin types
What is Diamond-Tip Microdermabrasion?
This procedure is a crystal-free Microdermabrasion. We use a Diamond-Tipped hand piece will be used to gently remove the dead cells and debris on the outer layer of your skin, leaving smoother, cleaner, brighter skin.
How is the Diamond-Tip different from regular Microdermabrasion?
Unlike traditional crystal Microdermabrasion, which blasts a stream of crystals onto the skin and then removes them from your skin via suction, the Diamond-Tip uses a Diamond-Tipped precision hand piece to gently exfoliate the skin. The risk of crystal microdermabrasion is that some crystals can be inhaled or can tear the skin or even stay lodged in the skin after the procedure. Because the procedure can be very messy when crystals are used, these old systems are being phased out. The Diamond-Tip is safe, effective, gentle, clean, won’t leave any residue on the skin, and allows you to see exactly how much dead skin and debris is removed.
What does the Diamond-Tip do for the skin?
The Diamond-Tip gently, safely removes the outer layers of the stratum corneum, and any debris on the skin such as surface blackheads, whiteheads, oil and dirt. The Diamond-Tip is excellent for anyone whose skin is dull, flaky, dry, and anyone with clogged pores. The Diamond Peel can also help improve the appearance of brown pigment spots and wrinkles, and can also help patients with mild to moderate acne by opening up the pores and allowing the pores to breathe.
What is the treatment like?
Microdermabrasion treatments are not aggressive; they are gentle and progressive, and best of all, they work! Most patients find Diamond-Tip Microdermabrasion treatments to be quite relaxing. The treatment is like a “superficial skin polishing”. In as little as thirty-five minutes, this gentle technique efficiently produces satisfying results. Following the treatment, we will apply toner and creams to further soften and moisturize your skin.
Who are the best candidates for Diamond-Tip Microdermabrasion?
The best candidates for Diamond-Tip Microdermabrasion are those patients that:
- Cannot afford to take time off for healing from a chemical peel or an invasive laser procedure.
- Don’t want to put off their outdoor activities like golf, tennis or skiing.
- Have skin sensitivities to chemicals or make-up.
- Have acne-prone skin that has not responded well to other acne remedies.
- Have skin that is showing signs of aging.
- Those who wish to freshen their skin’s appearance.
- Those who wish to diminish scars and stretch marks.
How long is the procedure?
The procedure takes approximately 35 – 45 minutes.
Is Diamond-Tip Microdermabrasion safe?
Yes. Diamond-Tip Microdermabrasion is non-invasive. The procedure only removes the outermost layer of dead skin cells to reveal the fresher, younger cells beneath. Regardless of your skin’s condition, fine lines and age spots may be erased and acne scars and stretch marks will become less obvious.
How often should I do a Diamond-Tip Microdermabrasion?
Depending on your particular concerns and your treatment program, you may have a procedure every 2-4 weeks. Your technician recommend the most beneficial regime for you.
Can I combine a Diamond-Tip with another procedure at the same time?
Absolutely. The Diamond-Tip is a great procedure to have before an led photo-facial.